Seven Kings Muslim Educational Trust (SKMET) was founded in 1982 by a group of Muslims from the local community.
Their sheer determination, sacrifice and hard work has enabled the community to have a place where they can offer prayers and learn about Islām. May Allāh (S.W.T) grant them all paradise. Āmīn.
The Trust is a charity, registered with the Charities Commission, in the UK (Charity No. 286459).
The vision of Seven Kings Muslim Educational Trust is to serve the needs of the diverse local Muslim community and to build relations with the wider non-Muslim community. We are committed to a peaceful and prosperous Redbridge where communities learn from each other and work together for the common good.
The mosque provides various services to the community that include, but not limited to:
- Congregational Prayers: Fajr, Dhuhr, ‘Asr, Maghrib, ‘Isha, Jumu’ah, Īd Al-Fitr and Īd Al-Adhah Prayers
- Islamic Education for Children From Year 1 – Year 11 (Classes operated by Al Misbaah Academy (AMA)
- Regular Lectures Delivered in Different Languages, Catering For The Needs of The Diverse Community
- Nikāh (marriage) Services (Arabic/English and Urdu options available)
- Youth Activities and Clubs: Weekend Youth Club, Fitness Classes, Kickboxing Classes, Sunday Football Club, Afternoon Teas and much more